Monday, March 16, 2009

White Pine 3/14/09

Got the text from Micah, headed to White Pine in the a.m. and I responded with a "hell yeah!"

The Bird was played like a Boys & Girls Club 4-square ball.

Micah & Forrest had no issues hiking the established boot pack up the White Pine Ridge.
The Pfeifferhorn, taken from White Pine.
We continued to hike the ridge in the well established boot pack. Red Baldy would prove to be a different story all together.
Micah scales the bulletproof ice along the ridge.
I think you get the theme, hike, hike, hike... earn your turns.
Red Baldy. We hiked the ridge from the trees on the bottom right back up to the main chute. The snow was rotted, sugary, and offered no traction. I would have welcomed ice or a post hole or two, we were not that lucky. We all struggled, Micah the least, me the most. It tested our minds for vocabulary words that contained more than four letters... fun? Yes.
Timpanogos.
Red Baldy.
Micah on top of the Wasatch.
Forrest down Long John Silver.
Forrest down Red Baldy.


All in all, a very fun day of firsts for me.

2 comments:

Forrest said...

Yeah the word of the day was hike. Next time we will score when the snow is good, still plenty of season to claim it.

Anonymous said...

great idea Andy, taking a walk to explore Utah. I enjoyed this post. Almost made me want to snowboard again ; )