Monday, March 23, 2009

Southern Utah


My drive into Moab.


With a fellow employee moving onto a new job the Moab market was open. I begged my boss for the Moab area, well I really just asked but was prepared to beg if need be. He said I could have it if I could get down there in the next two weeks, so I left for Moab 4 days later. Work was fun, the people of Moab are great. My play time was even better!

My plan was to shoot photos and video. Then, shoot more photos. I was amazed to see just how many shots I took. Lets just say about 5GB in total before deleting the bad ones. I hit a National Park for these shots. I ran all over the park with my camera bag, camelback and tripod. My goal was to see everything there, and figure out locations for good shots for the future. Light is so important down there, well anywhere for that matter, but especially scenic southern Utah. I have UV and PL filters for all my cameras but it doesn't always cut out all the atmosphere you need them to. So that was Saturday. Sunday I took my mtn. bike out for a 20 mile loop, fun, scenic, and scoping for more shot locations. I ended with beer and eggs for breakfast. Sitting around in shorts, flip-flops, sunglasses, and no shirt was great All in all I am happy with my results, and look forward to returning to Moab for work and play. The bus-cation rules.


Day 1, Friday morning sunrise then back to work for the day.
(Canon A590is w/0.5x52mm wide angle)
Days 2 and 3 still to some with another of just shots from my Canon EOS 20D which I took out on its maiden voyage... it was high time I learned how to shoot with that.
However, I really love my Canon Power Shot A590IS.

1 comment:

BLUEANGLER said...

Amazing! I did not teach you how to shoot photo like that! ha....but I really love it! Great photos! Andy

You are living in a dream world! I can picture your publication soon!