Sunday, October 4, 2009

Good day, little fish

It was a good day on the river, just little fish though. Yes, some were small in size but the total number of fish landed was small. Everyone had their lines tightened at some point but overall the fish were not cooperating. I don't know if was the nearly full moon, the incoming storm and the fall of the barometer, the recent cold snap and snow or what. So much of me thought that these aspects would actually have the fish moving and stacking up to spawn. However the beds were made but no fish were there sleeping in them. The day long hatch may not have helped out either. Also, first time out with Geoff. I really enjoy fishing with new people, especially people that are better than me, or people who are just good for that matter. I really enjoy watching people fish and trying to learn from them. After a while everyone develops their own style, method, and philosophy and its great to watch, listen and absorb all that is around you. I am now at the point where I ask less questions and observe more. So, I think I learned a thing or two and next time will learn a little more. Fishing is one of those things that you never think you have completely dialed in, you are always learning and adapting to new skills, the water and fish, the environment and of course we should never forget the blessings of Jah.

Hatch-a-roo

Never want to run into the cat that made this impression
tighten the linewait for it... wait for it!

No comments: