Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Weekend


Ahh, Labor Day weekend.
It just wouldn't be the same without four-wheelers and hunters. I love them all, tear it up!
I love them (again) because they are not fishing, but they are all so very friendly.
They all ask the same question; "how's the fishing?" and my learned response is; "OK, a few little ones", a lesson I learned from some very angry stares I got from two 'characters' once when I responded to the same question as "great".
I was hooking up constantly, sometimes we'd split the two forks of water and we'd both hook up. We literally lost count somehwhere in the 20s... each. The count didn't matter, at all. We were in the middle of no where, all alone, and we were both catching fish.
The weather was great for fishing, during the times we were fishing, the rest was a constant wind and rain, followed by very heavy rain and extremely strong winds with even stronger gusts and downpours, I thought for sure we'd get smacked by lightning or a falling tree. The lightning was so intense at times it would wake us up from the flash through out sleeping eyelids. We managed to stay dry, give it up to the Big Agnes tent, it is awesome!!!





















The fishing is always "OK", and "just OK" or something to that tune, it is never "great"!





bottom line
I LOVE THIS &^$#!!!

2 comments:

BLUEANGLER said...

Great read, awesome photos and fabulous fish.. I need beers... now!

Great work Andy! I am so jealous that your weekend trips are just like our annual trip!! Keep them coming and keep me dreaming! Thanks man!

BG said...

Looks like a great trip! I need to get over there, its been too long. I am happy to see that your checking in on the stream form time to time.... We need to go fish!