Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Weekend

Headed South of Evanston to a small little mountain stream in search of more Cutthroats.
With the extended weekend I had plenty of time to explore. I walked up a few of the tributaries flowing into the main stream and found some really tight technical holes to cast into and pulled some nice colorful but small Cutthroats out. More of a test of finite casting than anything else.
After finding the Cuttys I decided to moved on to another spot in search for some browns in a bigger river, in much depper holes and water. Unfortunatly I could only muster up a bunch of little ones, the bigger browns that I could see in the pools wanted nothing to do with me. After hitting this spot for a day I left again and traveled to another spot.
The 4WD and clearance of a stock Tacoma is awesome. Yet, after about 8 miles of rock crawling trying to get to this high mountain spot I was denied by very very large boulders and a downed Pine tree. Being forced to turn back down the 4-wheeler sized trail I crept down the trail in reverse because there was no room to turn around. It became a 3 hour adventure all for not, but you never know what will be at the end of the road if you never take the chance to drive down it.
Where will next weekend bring me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haley,

Great post! Love the first picture and the last two. And the really bright cutt--very pretty.

Don't you love those one way roads you have to reverse all the way back on? Like you say, if you don't try, you won't know. For me, the adventure is definitely part of it, even when there's no fish at the end of the line.

Can't wait for next weekend's adventure!

-scott c

BLUEANGLER said...

Hey Andy,

Wonderful photos and trip!
Why your weekends are always better than mine! I am jealous!! : )

Anonymous said...

Mr. Haley -

What you doin' fishin' on a Weds when you should be out selling Sebastiani???

Kidding, mate - no way I'd deny a brother a day after cutts.

Heading up to BC tomorrow to chase Cutts and Bulls for 9 days. Will send pics. Keep your fingers crossed I don't end up grizzly chow!

Cheers!

James

Phil said...

Andy,
I was born in Evanston and learned how to fish in the Uinta streams and lakes. It's cool to see your pics from that area. (I live in Portland Oregon now)and great night photos.

Phil